I have some more information regarding the Ronald McDonald House Charities Chef Challenge. I've also attached the press release at the bottom of this for those of you who are interested.
The Chef Challenge Timeline
Doors Open: 1:30 pm
· Judges can arrive approximately 15-30 minutes early. Please feel free to mingle with the attendees, if time allows.
Challenge Begins: 2:00 pm
· Each Chef will be introduced and bio read
· Judges will be announced and seated
· Chefs will get 45 minutes to create and plate their meals. Judging will begin at 2:45.
o Meals will be judged on:
§ Taste: Maximum 10 points
§ Presentation: Maximum 5 points
§ Originality: Maximum 5 points
· A coin toss will decide which Chef is judged first.
· As judges taste the meal, Chefs will be asked to give a brief description of their meal and why they consider it their specialty. Judges will be asked to comment/describe each meal.
· Judges will meet in a private location to select a winner.
Winner Announced: 3:10 pm
· Winner will be announced and award will be presented.
Reception Begins: 3:30 pm
· Attendees will be offered a variety of drinks (non-alcoholic) and provided a small sampling of each meal. Judges and chefs are encouraged to mingle with attendees.
Event Ends: 4:00 pm
I'm very excited about the event. It's a great cause, and I hope to see some of you all there. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to help out. This could be a really great success!