Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Morgantown Edition: Oryza Asian Grill
I read a story recently about why it's so difficult to build the Chipotle of pasta. Fast-casual restaurants are popping up all over, and new styles of food are built into this concept (even if pasta is tough). And, considering Asian is one of my favorites, I was excited to learn about Oryza.
Oryza Asian Grill is a fast-casual concept where you order at the counter, they make it right in front of you, and it's all fresh. It's a healthy, on-the-go option that you customize yourself!
This restaurant, which is located in the newer plaza across from Suncrest Kroger, is very clean, modern and simple.
The menu is easy, just pick the following:
1) Format: Bowl, Salad or Wrap
2) Protein: Chicken, Spicy Chicken, Steak, Chicken & Pork Meatballs, or Organic Tofu
3) Veggies (pick 3): Black Beans, Sauteed Vegetables, Asian Green Beans, Charred Corn, Kale, or Egg
4) Sauce: Garlic Yum, Ginger Yum, Spicy Yum, Sambal Salsa, Thai Curry, or Sweet Sriracha Red
5) Toppings: Herb Salad, Carrot, White Raddish, Cucumber, or Cheese
6) Finish: Sesame Seed, Crispy Garlic, Crushed Peanut or Thai Chili
Oryza chips & sambal salsa
Bowl with noodles and red rice, meatballs, corn, green beans, sauteed vegetables and garlic yum
Lisa's bowl with noodles, chicken, green beans, black beans, egg, and sambal salsa
Have you been? What's your favorite combo?