Geah Pressgrove's class first hosted the culinary crawl last year, which was a ton of fun and raised around $10,000 for the Monongalia Arts Center. The class teamed up with the Greater Morgantown CVB, Main Street Morgantown and the Monongalia Arts Center to bring young professionals downtown to showcase local offerings, while also making note of available parking.
This year's format has changed a bit; there are two separate tracks from which to choose. The early tour check-in starts at 2-2:30 p.m., and the late tour check-in starts at 4-4:30 p.m. Tickets for each tour are $35, and are likely to sell out. Both tours will feature samples at the MAC during check-in, which include J.W. Thirsty's, Morgantown Brewing Company, Sargasso and Table 9. Then, each tour has different restaurants.
- Apothecary Ale House & Cafe – Sip various samples of Winter Seasonals from the U.S. and Belgium. Apothecary will also provide participants with multiple examples of what winter tastes like for different breweries
- Chico’s Fat – Warm up with a spicy chicken enchilada tasting, paired with queso and chips.
- Garcia’s Latin Market – Sample Puerto Rican coffee with a warm churro.
- High St. Pasta – Enjoy a meatball with sauce and warm garlic bread with alfredo.
- T.K’s Juice – Try something new with bubble tea, and savor green and black tea.
- Tin 202 – Savor almogrote with farmhouse cheese made from scratch, accompanied with a baguette. A specialty cocktail sample will also be available for those guests over 21.
- Black Bear Burritos – A pollo pibil cup and refried garbanzo beans: House fried tortilla cup filled with a Yucatán shredded achiote chicken garnished with pickled onion and served with a side of refried garbanzo beans. Chestnut Brew Works will also provide a craft beer tasting that pairs with dish.
- The Cupcakerie – Select a seasonal flavored mouthwatering mini cupcake.
- Iron Horse Tavern – Sip on any two West Virginia craft beers on tap
- Vintage Room – Chef Thomas will be presenting a variety of wood-fired pizzas and featuring a sample of coconut shrimp. Exclusive wine tasting will also be available for guests over 21.
- Sugar Bears Wall St. Grill – Sample small bites of diner favorites, comfort food and a homemade brownie.
- Zaytun – Nosh on a variety of pizza, gyros, pasta and rice dish samples.
Each tour will have approximately six groups with no more than 25 participants per group. Guided tours will leave from the MAC and progress through each of the six restaurants on the tour. Tours are expected to last approximately three hours. Tours end at Arts Mon, located at 201 High Street.
Restaurant Week kicks off Dec. 5 and will run through Dec. 12. It will feature 20 participating businesses with menus starting under $10.
- Black Bear Burritos – Burritos and Brews: Any house specialty and two pints of WV Craft Beer for $15
- Cafe Bacchus – Celebrate the Many Varieties of Winter Squash. Enjoy a delicious three-course dinner for only $25 (does not include tax or tip). *Reservations : (304) 296-9234
- First course: Guest’s choice of either a soup (butternut squash) or salad
- Entree: Pork dish complimented with a winter squash OR Ravioli stuffed with winter squash topped with a hazelnut cream sauce
- Dessert: Pumpkin Bread Pudding OR guests can substitute dessert for a featured specialty cocktail such as the Pumpkin Pie Saketini
- Chico’s Fat – TBA
- The Cupcakerie – $25 for a dozen regular size cupcakes, a savings of $4; or $12.50 for a dozen mini-size cupcakes, a savings of $3.50
- Garcia’s Latin Market – Buy 2 delicious tacos and get fresh-made chips and salsa for free.
- High St. Pasta Co. – TBA
- Iron Horse Tavern – Iron Horse will be doing a West Virginia Craft Beer Takeover. A brewer will be on hand to meet and greet with guests and also to answer questions.
- Morgantown Brewing Co. – TBA
- The Montmartre – Enjoy a three-course meal for a discounted price. *Reservations : (304) 291-4222
- Appetizer : choice of bruchetta or cup of soup
- Main Entree : Chicken Francaise, Shrimp Montmarte or Steak Diane.
- Dessert : Choice of our homemade cakes/pies.
- Mountain State Brewing Co. – 20% off entire menu, excluding alcohol.
- Sargasso – 20% discount off full menu. *Reservations : (304) 554-0100
- Soul Brothers – Free deep fried strawberry shortcake with any full price dinner meal
- Table 9 – A tasting menu with an optional wine pairing. *Reservations : (304) 554-2050
- T.K.’s Fruit, Produce & Bubble Tea – Buy any bubble tea at a 30% discounted price
- Tin 202 – A 3-course dining experience for 2 for $50.00 per couple. *Reservations : (304) 212-5863. There will be a wine tasting with each course. Gratuity not included.
- First course: Cold beet soup, corn and crab chowder or side salad.
- Second course: (Each guest chooses two small plates ) Stuffed and toasted brie, chicken confit, pork belly, and petite dessert.
- Third course: Seasonal dessert
- The Vintage Room – Chef Thomas is preparing a special 3-course dining experience:
- First Course: Arugula & Spinach Salad or Vintage Bleu Cheese Bacon Wedge.
- Second Course: 6oz Stockyard Sirloin with Cognac crème, Apple Cider Glazed Salmon or Chicken Saltimbocca
- Third Course: Three layer Chocolate Mousse Cake, Bananas Foster or Oliver Oil Torte.
- Sugar Bear’s Wall St. Grill – 20% off entire menu, $0.50 brownies and cookies.
- Zaytun – Gyro Special: $8 for two people AND/OR Family Size Pizza any topping for $10. *Reservation : (304) 292-5550
- Yama – Buy one regular Teriyaki Chicken Bowl, get one regular Yama Tuna Bowl free, eat-in only
*Participants must mention Restaurant Week to secure the special discount